Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Monday, December 6, 2010

Put away your old Measuring Rod



'...it was a river...' Ezekiel 47:5 NKJV

Paul writes, 'Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.' (Ephesians 3:20 NKJV) You say, 'With my lack of education, limited income, poor health and past mistakes, I don't see how I can succeed.' When you're dealing with God, put away your old measuring rod! Ezekiel had a vision. He saw a river flowing from the temple: 'When the man went out...with the line in his hand, he measured one thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the water came up to my ankles. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through the waters; the water came up to my knees. Again he measured one thousand and brought me through; the water came up to my waist. Again he measured one thousand, and it was a river that I could not cross; for the water was too deep, water in which one must swim...Then he said to me...it shall be that every living thing that moves, wherever the rivers go, will live...Along the bank of the river...will grow all kinds of trees used for food; their leaves will not wither, and their fruit will not fail. They will bear fruit every month, because their water flows from the sanctuary...' (Ezekiel 47:3-12 NKJV) Notice, this river flows from God. He is the One who determines your future and decides your abundance. No matter who sows or who reaps, '...God...gives the increase.' (1 Corinthians 3:7 NKJV) Who determines the extent of your blessing? God! So put away your old measuring rod!

No comments:

Post a Comment