Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Lost and Found Column (3)

 
Last night as I was sitting in connection group, an overwhelming sadness over came me. I had been in such a spiritual battle for our nation and state yesterday it made me almost sick. He revealed something to me that took me back. God began to share with me that the battles we are facing in our nation today were lost years ago when His people stopped doing what they should have been doing all along; being a light to our nation. I began to feel what God feels for His people. Righteous or not He loves all of us. That's why it is so important we understand we can't sit back anymore and not tell the world about Jesus. If you love Jesus then it's your job to tell the lost about Him. But pastor I'm not good at that and you can't make me...I'm joking...the greatest thing I learned when Jesus came into my life was how much He saved me from! The story of the lost son in Luke 15 is about the son realizing that he knew he was lost, and knew his way home. Even though things look bleak, my prayer is that they begin to see how much they can be saved from.The shepherd sought the lost sheep, the lady with the lamp sought the lost silver, but nobody went looking for the lost son. Only when he had squandered his inheritance and ended up in a pigpen do we read: 'When he came to his senses, he said... I will...go back to my father and say to him: 'Father, I have sinned'...But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him...the father said to his servants, Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was...lost and is found...' (Luke 15:17-24 NIV) Backslider, though you have walked away from God, He is waiting to welcome you home. Your place at the table is reserved. He has a ring of sonship that identifies you as His own, and a robe of righteousness to cover your shame. The Prodigal Son's joy didn't return until he came back to his father's house. So, you have a decision to make. Though you're disappointed in yourself and ashamed before the God you've failed, you can come back home. And you can come today. That's the message we all should be sharing to anyone who can hear. You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment