Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Serving Requires Obedience - Psalm 40:8


 
'I desire to do Your will, my God.' Psalm 40:8 NIV

We live in a time when everyone is upset over giving up their 'rights' and 'privileges' to serve others. The question I would ask you is, consider what Christ gave up to serve you. '...He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death...' (Philippians 2:8 NKJV) When you're tempted to remind others of the sacrifices you've made, hear Christ's Words: '...When you have done all things which you are commanded, say, We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.' (Luke 17:10 NKJV)

Have you ever observed a dog that graduated from obedience school? It's a source of pleasure to its master because it has learned to respond to a word, sometimes even a look. God says, 'I will guide you with My eye.' (Psalm 32:8 NKJV) God wants to bring you to the place where you don't have to be begged, badgered or browbeaten to serve. One look from Him and you do it without question. As a servant you can't change your master's orders! What an amazing place to be in your faith.

Think about it, It is a great deal easier to do that which God gives us to do, no matter how hard it is, than to face the responsibilities of not doing it. God doesn't want foot-dragging compliance, He wants willing obedience. And when He gets it, He blesses it. 'If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land.' (Isaiah 1:19 NIV) God's best is reserved for those who say yes. You ask, 'How will I know when I arrive at that place?' Because you'll be able to say, 'I desire to do Your will, O my God.'

You are Loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment