Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ask God for Your Mountain (1)

'...give me this mountain...' Joshua 14:12 NJKV

Think about it, why would someone ask God for a mountain? In life we sometimes need to tackle something bigger than our self. When we do: (1) you grow; (2) you learn to depend on God; (3) you get to celebrate big victories. Caleb said: '...here I am today, 85 years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then. Now give me this hill country that the Lord promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, with the Lord helping me, I will drive them out just as He said.' (Joshua 14:10-12 NIV) Anybody can occupy the flat ground, but it takes faith in God to tackle a mountain. What's more, that's where the sons of Anak - the giants - lived. These guys were so big they caused ten of Moses' spies to say, '...next to them we felt like grasshoppers...' (Numbers 13:33 NLT) You'd think at 85 Caleb would have asked for a nice cottage in Shalom Acres! But no, he wanted another battle and another victory before he checked out. Stop asking God for a problem-free life, otherwise you might die of boredom. It's in working to solve problems and overcome challenges that you become the person God wants you to be. So ask Him for a task that will keep you learning, growing, uncomfortable, and hungry for significance. When you pray, 'God, use me,' be prepared to encounter four things: adventure, danger, risk, and reward. How about it - are you up for a little excitement?
You are Loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment