Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR HEART GOD’S HOME (2)


 

“For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.” Ephesians 3:14-17a (NIV)


Rely on God’s Riches
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power”
The great thing about preparing our hearts for Christ to take up permanent residence is that we’re not dependent on our own resources. As Paul writes, we have access to the glorious riches of God.

If I had to rely on my own strength and power I know it wouldn't last long. Most days I go to the gym to try and build strength and endurance in my body. I'm running on the elliptical or lifting weights, some days I'm victorious and others I give up short of my goal. For most of us its the same way with our spiritual journey. We go to the spiritual gym and do really well in our relationship with Christ, but then there are times when we give up short of what we know we can should do. This is were we must put our faith into action.

If you believe as I do that God equips us with everything we need to prepare our hearts then the principle in Philippians becomes a tool for us to live by:
“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19 (NIV)

We are not limited by my our own resources? Everything that God has prepared is at my disposal. Its always there whether we are running strong or have come up short. Just don't give up! You are loved...

No comments:

Post a Comment