Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Monday, August 25, 2014

Mission Through Community

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 "Whoever is a believer in Christ is a new creation. The old way of living has disappeared. A new way of living has come into existence. God has done all this. He has restored our relationship with him through Christ, and has given us this ministry of restoring relationships. In other words, God was using Christ to restore his relationship with humanity. He didn't hold people's faults against them, and he has given us this message of restored relationships to tell others. Therefore, we are Christ's representatives, and through us God is calling you. We beg you on behalf of Christ to become reunited with God. God had Christ, who was sinless, take our sin so that we might receive God's approval through him."


 
Yesterday in our morning service I shared on keeping our church's spiritual axe sharp in community. This morning I want to continue with the theme of community looking at what our mission should be in fulfilling community in our lives.

Our number one mission, our divine appointment, is to be ambassadors of Christ! In all of the stress, and worry of attempting to find our personal “calling,” we must remember our responsibility as adopted sons and daughters of the Holy One. We’ve been brought to life. Rescued from death, and now have been commissioned to share the message of God’s reconciliation through community.

How each of us does this will look different. Some of us will lead families, others businesses, and others churches. All of us playing our part in the reconciliation of the world. That’s the beauty of the Church. All of its many parts gathered as one body, pointing the world towards Christ Jesus. The question is how will you lead in doing this? Our mission is this, that we would live lives worthy of the Gospel, that we would allow ourselves to be internally changed, that we would create external effect that loves the world to Jesus.
Will you pray with me: God, this world is yours, everything in it is yours. I am yours, do with my life what you will. Help me to release the things of my flesh, so that I may be transformed according to your Spirit. Give me a heart for those around me, a burden for my community that compels me to fulfill the mission you have may give him. Teach me to clothe myself in you, to speak your words and offer your hands.


You are Loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment