Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Todays Thought - 2 Peter 1:3-9

2 Peter 1:3-9 "God's divine power has given us everything we need for life and for godliness. This power was given to us through knowledge of the one who called us by his own glory and integrity. Through his glory and integrity he has given us his promises that are of the highest value. Through these promises you will share in the divine nature because you have escaped the corruption that sinful desires cause in the world. Because of this, make every effort to add integrity to your faith; and to integrity add knowledge; to knowledge add self-control; to self-control add endurance; to endurance add godliness; to godliness add Christian affection; and to Christian affection add love. If you have these qualities and they are increasing, it demonstrates that your knowledge about our Lord Jesus Christ is living and productive. If these qualities aren't present in your life, you're shortsighted and have forgotten that you were cleansed from your past sins."


 
Todays Thought
I want to continue with looking at the leader inside you. You are not alone if you struggle in this area. You do not lead through your own ability. You do not love through your own affection or withstand temptation through your own power. You have been given everything you need through the Holy Spirit. He is with you. The lie about leadership is that it is lonely; that you are alone in your decision-making and responsibility. But the truth of scripture is that you are beloved by God. You are loved and cared for by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit whose power flows through you now. As you use the gifts and talents God has given you, your capacity for life changing leadership is directly related to your willingness to be led, not your eagerness to perform. Lean in to the promises of God, allow Him to mature you in goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, and love; true hallmarks of a leader worth following. Allow yourself to be transformed and created anew, cast down the foolishness of pride and attempting to carry your own life, and the lives of others on your shoulders. You’ve been given everything you need for a godly life, now receive it.
Will you pray this prayer today...Holy Spirit, I am a changed person, brought to life through Your power and called for Your purpose. Thank you that You are ever with me. Thank you that when I am most afraid, tired, and stressed, You are there. Thank you that when I celebrate, when I laugh, when my heart is full of joy, You are there. Yet there are times when I forget you have never left me, times when I struggle, strain, and crush myself trying to carry this life alone. Holy Spirit, help me to remember You are here, right now.

At all times, help me to turn to You for strength, wisdom, and love. Be my affirmation and my security. Be my understanding and love. You have called and equipped me for a purpose. May I never search the things of this world for what you have already given me. I lead myself, and others, through You and You alone. Amen.
 
You are Loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment