Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Are You Growing Spiritually?

Are You Growing Spiritually?

'Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you.' Psalm 55:22 KJV

I am concluding the thought today that I started yesterday. How do you cast your daily burden on the Lord?

First, you must learn how to carry your own burden.
Second, you must be able to help those who are weak to carry theirs.
Third, you must learn to give your burden to the Lord. 'Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you.'

Sounds easy, but it's not, because:
(1) If you're self-centred, you will think only about your own personal wants, needs and plans, and it is easy to be self-centered in times of distress.
(2) If you're a self-starter and self-motivator, you will struggle with the humility required to get down on your knees and say, 'Lord, I need You; before I make a move I need to know You are with me'. If you are a doer you will struggle with this.
(3) If you're self-sufficient, you will wait until your knees are buckling and your back is breaking, then send an SOS up to heaven asking, 'Lord, where are You?' And He will reply, 'I'm right here, wondering when you're going to start trusting Me, leaning on Me and drawing strength from Me.' Jesus said, 'I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.' (John 15:5 NKJV) Who helps us bear fruit?

The key to success in God's Kingdom is: work like it all depends on you and pray like it all depends on God! Martin Luther said, 'I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess.' If He has to, God will allow you to fall flat on your face in order to get you on your knees. If you're wise, you won't wait for that to happen. So learn and don't give Satan the opportunity, "for he prowls around like a roaring lion waiting to devour", You!

You are Loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment