Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Searching for Significance (2)


'Thank You for making me...' Psalm 139:14 NLT

We search for significance in different ways. We think that if we can connect with someone special, we’ll become someone special. Or we try to outlive life. We get bombarded daily with our mortality and how we can buy are way into significance. When the billionaire realizes he will run out of years before he runs out of money, he establishes a foundation. We have kids for the same reason. One day, when we die, we hope our descendants will remember ‘good old Dad’ or ‘sweet old Mom’ and we’ll extend our lives via theirs. The famous atheist Bertrand Russell said, ‘I believe that when I die my bones will rot and nothing shall remain of my ego.’ You say, ‘He can’t be right.’ He’s not! Jesus said, ‘…the very hairs on your head are all numbered.’ (Matthew 10:30 NKJV) We monitor other things like the amount of money in the bank, gas in the tank, and pounds on the scale. But hair? We style hair, color hair, cut hair, but we don’t count hair. God does. God planned you, knows everything about you, and loves you. The Psalmist said: You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God…’ (Psalm 139:13–17 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment