Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Why you Should Help

It was a cold, gray, rainy morning and as I looked out I thought, will it ever end? Wait, that was when we lived in Seattle...Kidding aside that's how I felt this morning as I was talking with God on my way to the church today. Sometimes my best conversations are in the car driving somewhere. I had to share my heart because I know He's not afraid to listen to me; He already knows of the eminence need we have in our children's ministry and how I feel. All I could say to Him is, "it seems like no one is willing to take up the cause of  loving on our kids and teaching them how to love you." I had already had to ask for forgiveness for what I was thinking. Then He said to me, "have you really told them how important this is?" The truth be told I probably haven't told you how much we need your help.  
I love this cartoon because it says it all. This kid had a amazing, wonderful, committed, great Sunday School teacher. For this kid to go home and live out what he was taught is the sign of someone who understands the tide against our kids to love God in our culture today. If you have been in Bruce Riddles class you'll understand why the kids come out not wanting to leave. Sunday School teachers are a vital part of a children's ministry. They help introduce Biblical concepts to students. They help explain things. They love on students. Teachers are becoming a "rare" bred because being a Sunday school teacher is not as glamorous as other ministries in the church. You have to invest you time, talents presence and witness to serve children.
 
It's often a thankless job. Students are often loud, obnoxious, and well, messy. But  honestly, The best Sunday school teacher doesn't have a theology degree or tons of biblical knowledge. What makes a difference is time. Teachers make an eternal difference in a child's life. For that, I'm thankful for all of my volunteers who help month after month, year after year. Thank you for all you do!
 
So here is the need. We need two teachers and subs who will volunteer their time and invest in the greatest cause; telling kids about Jesus. You will be asked to invest two months out of the year, once in the spring and once in the fall. If you feel you need training we will help train you and guide you into an amazing ministry. All you need to do is volunteer. So give me a call @967-2447. I'm praying you have heard my heart and that God will speak to you about how important this ministry is. You are loved!  

No comments:

Post a Comment