Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Monday, May 13, 2013

Your Weekly Challenge



“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.”
Ephesians 1:11, 12 (NIV)

 
I hope you are up to my challenge I gave yesterday of answering the question "why do we need to witness if everyone is predestined already." This Sunday I'll be answering that question and more. So come prepared...
Another challenge I'm going to give this week is Scripture memory. I’m convinced that Scripture memory is one of the most important spiritual disciplines that we can make a part of our life. And I’m not alone in that opinion. Here’s what Chuck Swindoll wrote about that practice: “I know of no other single practice in the Christian life more rewarding, practically speaking, than memorizing Scripture. . . . No other single exercise pays greater spiritual dividends! Your prayer life will be strengthened. Your witnessing will be sharper and much more effective. Your attitudes and outlook will begin to change. Your mind will become alert and observant. Your confidence and assurance will be enhanced beyond your expectations. Your faith will be solidified”  (Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life [Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1994], p. 61).
Do me a favor and memorize this weeks verses. I want to encourage you to start now. I know that there may be a lot of reasons why many of you won’t. Maybe the thought of memorization scares you or is just more that you can bite off. It may very well be the case with many of us, including me, before we get to the end of the book. So why not start and just see how far you can get. Pick out a key passage or two in each chapter and memorize those. At a minimum, at least try to memorize one sentence. If you do it will change your life! You are loved...


No comments:

Post a Comment