Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

It's a Waste of Time

It's a Waste of Time

'A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.' Proverbs 15:1 NAS


Thank you to everyone who came and helped at the Kenton's yesterday. We have such an amazing church family... I'm very proud of you all! Thanks Charley for being you and speaking for me yesterday...you are incredible!

Ever been in a conversation were you said to yourself, why am I even speaking to this person? Do you sometimes find yourself saying, 'I get so angry when they refuse to listen to my viewpoint. How can I make them listen and hear what I'm trying to say?' Unless you're involved in an official debate, arguing with someone who's unwilling to listen is useless and a waste of time. Let me state that again; useless and a waste of time! the bible is very clear about this. State your viewpoint with clarity and purpose, but don't become defensive and argumentative if it's not received. You'll only hurt yourself and the relationship if you become argumentative. Don't allow anyone to draw you into strife or arguing. Hold your tongue, and try to remember these words of wisdom: 'A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable, but the mouth of a fool spurts folly.' (Proverbs 15:2 NAS)  Arguing; it's a waste of time, and if you begin the opposite path, you will find yourself being an encourager verse a arguer. You are Loved!



No comments:

Post a Comment