Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What About my Money (2)



NUTS For Christ In Stewardship
Eccl.11:1-6 2 Corinthians. 8:1-12 9:6-9
Being NUTS For Christ in Stewardship means never underestimating the Spirit when we make personal sacrifices because we are grateful for what God has done for us.
There are many people who are willing to give, only when they think it won’t cost them anything to do it. A couple of weeks ago, there was the big mega Lotto fever of 800 million; I heard people share what they would do with it if they won. They would give away millions to the church and to the cause of Christ. We would get a new church building, fancy digs.

Let me ask you a question: Why would people be willing to give so much when they didn’t have it in the first place? Because they did not have it to give? It was imaginary. We all like to dream. My wife and I dream about winning publishers clearing house…well she dreams. When you have the money in your hands it changes the game doesn’t it.  
If you have accepted Christ into your heart; if you had to choose between winning 800 million dollars and living and dying without Christ or having what you have now and living and dying in Christ, which would you choose. That’s a no brainer; I’ll take what I have. What if you had won and God said give it all away if you really want to know Me, then what would you have done? I know this is all hypothetical, but what happens when you get that big tax return? Is that Gods money?
We sing songs like, “Lord you are more precious than silver, precious than gold, and beautiful than diamonds, and nothing I desire compares with you.” I wouldn’t trade you for silver or gold. I wouldn’t trade you for riches untold; you are my everything.” Are we telling the truth to God in our praise and worship? God already knows based on what we do with the little silver and gold we do have if we are serious or not.
 Jesus came to earth with a mission. He said, “I came to seek and to save those who were lost.” That was the most critical aspect of Jesus’ ministry. Then Jesus turned around and gave the mission to us.
He tells us in John 15:16 “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.”
Notice that as a result of us doing what God tells us to do, God is able to bless us with answers to our prayers. Our purpose statement flows out of Jesus’ mission. He came to seek and to save—Our purpose is to Love God and Love People-and bring people into a right relationship with God. We all share this obligation and this privilege together. Stewardship is coming to a level of gratefulness which leads to self-sacrifice. Now we know that Jesus does not lie. Jesus told us, we cannot love God and also love money in Matthew 6:24. How do we know, when we’ve started to love money. We know it, when we and our money determine how we live rather than our God determining how we live. Great things to think about...you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment