Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Monday, January 13, 2014

What About My Money


NUTS For Christ In Stewardship
Eccl.11:1-6 2 Corinthians. 8:1-12 9:6-9


“What about my Money, are you ready?” Has someone ever said to you, you are nuts? What they mean by that is they think you’re a little crazy. Some of us will admit we are. Last week I told you you’re not normal if you follow Christ. I would personally rather be abnormal in this world and be normal for Christ.
For me, being nuts stands for “Never Underestimating the Spirit.” When I trust Gods spirit in my life to help me be all I can be, I can have a positive outlook to living a life in the spirit; Trusting God with the day to day operations of my life. I know I can trust God. That’s what I pray you will find out in your life.
Today is the day for financially committing ourselves to supporting the ministry of Christ. I have spent immense amounts of time on what it is to give of your time, talent, and spiritual gifts this last year. So we are going to talk about money. Whatever we do for God, give of our time, talent, gifts, or money, we ought to do it with a passion to offer our best.

Let’s meet Bobby for a moment. Bobby is eleven years old, and knows his parent’s 20th anniversary is coming up. He tells his parents, “Mom and Dad, you’re the greatest parents in the whole world. I sure wish I had a $100 because if I did, I would get you the best anniversary gift ever.”
In the past, Bobby had always drawn them a picture card and told them how much he loved them. Bobby’s parents were interested in seeing just what their son would get them if he had the money. The next day, they sent him a hundred dollars in the mail, with no return address, and with a typed message saying, “This is for you, to do as you please.”

Bobby was thrilled when he opened the envelope. “Wow, a hundred dollars, and it is mine to do what I want to do with it.” Two days later on his parent’s anniversary, the anticipation was building in their hearts as to what their son would give to them. Expectation mounted as Bobby came through shouting as he always did “Happy Anniversary!” He presented them with another hand drawn card. In it he told them they were the best parents ever, and he loved them very much.
They smiled and said, “This card is great where is our gift.” Bobby said, “You’ve got it. I always make you a card for your gift.” His father said, “but son, you said, if you had a $100, you’d get us best anniversary gift ever.” Bobby replied, “Well Dad I would have, if you had of given me the $100 when I said it. The father said, “But, son you got a $100 in the mail.” Bobby replied, “I would have used some of my money, but after I bought my new video game, and two cd’s, I barely had enough left to go to the movies, so you can see why I didn’t have anything left for gifts for you.

How would you have felt if you were Bobby’s parents? It’s not that Bobby did not love his parents or even that Bobby was a bad kid. Bobby simply did not understand the concept of being grateful and demonstrating it by making personal sacrifices. Being NUTS For Christ in Stewardship means never underestimating the Spirit when we make personal sacrifices because we are grateful for what God has done for us. Who knows how many envelopes Bobby would have received if he had of acted differently? Think about it for a moment, how many blessing didn't you receive because you weren't grateful? Being grateful is the key to being blessable. More Tomorrow...you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment