Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

TODAY’S THOUGHT - James 4:7-8

TODAY’S THOUGHT

James 4:7-8 " Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."


It is awesome to know that God’s purpose and plan for us is to give us a rich and satisfying life! It may not seem like that sometimes, but it is His plan.

In our culture we become so easily distracted and drawn away by the hundreds of good options out there for us. If you have kids you know what I mean. Sports, dance classes; the list goes on and on. We can quickly become drained by our fast paced, overcrowded lives. But that is not God’s plan for us. He created us for so much more.

It is sometimes hard to stay focused on what God has purposed and planned for our lives. Today as you make choices ask yourself “is this just a good thing for me to do or is it the best thing for me?” And ask yourself, "Is this going to drain me or is this decision going to bring out the best in me so that I can be blessed and in return be a blessing to those around me?” God is ready to give us wisdom if we just take the time to ask! So ask, Gods ready to speak with you. You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment