Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

TODAY’S THOUGHT - Philippians 4:11-13

TODAY’S THOUGHT
Philippians 4:11-13 " I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."


When you think about the horrible circumstances Paul was in when he wrote these words to the Philippians from a prison cell, you truly wonder how he could possibly be happy. You have probably asked that question many times yourself. With all this going on how can I even begin to have joy or happiness in my life?

Something Paul learned from his relationship with Christ was that happiness is not just an emotion you feel, but a decision you have to continually make no matter your circumstances. God has given us the ability to do all things and make it through anything because of Christ who gives us the inner strength! Faith to believe through the impossible.

Sunday we prayed for Josephina Hernandez because the doctor's had documented blockage in the heart. She came and asked us to pray for her and the power of God fell on her. The next day she was scheduled for surgery and as they went in to find the blockages, they were gone!!! God healed her. She told her doctor that her God would take care of her. Afterwards Josephina told him, see my God took care of me. The doctor said you must have a big God. We have a big God!

As you go about your day many circumstances will challenge your attitude and faith. This is your opportunity to remember the recipe Paul had found for being happy. It is not about the outside situations that you will face, it is all about what God is doing inside of you and what He has given you through His word. He gives you peace, confidence, power and true happiness that will challenge the norm of our world!!
You are loved...

No comments:

Post a Comment