Calvary Church

Calvary Church

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Finishing Strong the Race


'...I have finished my course...' 2 Timothy 4:7 KJV

The course God sets before us is seldom easy. Running it takes commitment. I've lived long enough to know men and women whose lives were sold out to God a few years ago, but who've since walked off the track...gone AWOL...lost their longing for God. It's a huge fear of mine and for others that many may follow in their footsteps...and it should you, too...

The faithfulness of my walk with God depends on my willingness to stay in a relationship with Him. I never want to lose the grip His greatness has on my life and the privilege it is to...serve Him till the day I'm welcomed into His presence. That passion compels me. It keeps me honest and humble... the last thing I want to do is crawl across the finish line a defeated, derailed Christian, or worse-give up the race before my life's over. I want to break that tape with arms high, my face to the sun. Can you see all of me crossing the finish line...lol

Paul said, '...I have finished my course... Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown...' (2 Timothy 4:7-8 KJV) Notice, courage plus endurance plus faithfulness equals reward.

Think about this: When nothing seems to help, go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow it will split in two, and I know it wasn't the last blow that did it, but all the blows that have gone before. God's Word is '...a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces...' (Jeremiah 23:29 NKJV) So, '[hold] fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ [you'll] have reason to glory because [you] did not run in vain...' (Philippians 2:16 NAS)

You Are Loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment